That everyday I live, is a tryst with destiny now...
To catch a glimpse of your face, to build a shelter in your heart,
but I fear the truth, the criminal in me half-awake yet half- asleep keeps the heart at bay...
Unsaid thoughts capture me, bound me in chains,
the thoughts to harm you reigns my mind but kills me inside...for I am no criminal on the outside but cynical by heart.
Everyday I'll hurt you a little more,
and everyday I'll explain it all.
A parasite I am and You are the cynosure of my soul.
You have taken away all that was mine in exchange of that soul - the soul that belongs to me no more.
Darkness is once again engulfing me,
before I fought it, now I am giving in.
Nothing's left to share anymore except the need of the soul,
the desire for you in me grows like a fire, the unexpressed feelings ignite it everytime you extinguish it.
Silence speaks to me now,
tells me to let you go.
Dont want to love you
but I cant help it anymore,
dont want to hurt you
and kill myself once more...
Prey.. Tell me what I ought to do, this tryst is destroying me
but even this suffering seems beautiful...
despite the pain, I feel wonderful...!
Nayani Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tryst by Nayani Sarma )
- 3, Smoky Hoss
- Soul Holes, Smoky Hoss
- Magic of Indian Democracy, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ...and am loving it, Manonton Dalan
- There is yet Hope, Smoky Hoss
- Beauty And The Beholder, hugh everard
- Black Rose, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Joyful Is Life With Colours, Rohit Sapra
- Ferguson and Law Enforcement, Is It Poetry
- आज फिर तेरी याद आई हैं, Kahil Mehar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)