That everyday I live, is a tryst with destiny now...
To catch a glimpse of your face, to build a shelter in your heart,
but I fear the truth, the criminal in me half-awake yet half- asleep keeps the heart at bay...
Unsaid thoughts capture me, bound me in chains,
the thoughts to harm you reigns my mind but kills me inside...for I am no criminal on the outside but cynical by heart.
Everyday I'll hurt you a little more,
and everyday I'll explain it all.
A parasite I am and You are the cynosure of my soul.
You have taken away all that was mine in exchange of that soul - the soul that belongs to me no more.
Darkness is once again engulfing me,
before I fought it, now I am giving in.
Nothing's left to share anymore except the need of the soul,
the desire for you in me grows like a fire, the unexpressed feelings ignite it everytime you extinguish it.
Silence speaks to me now,
tells me to let you go.
Dont want to love you
but I cant help it anymore,
dont want to hurt you
and kill myself once more...
Prey.. Tell me what I ought to do, this tryst is destroying me
but even this suffering seems beautiful...
despite the pain, I feel wonderful...!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Tryst by Nayani Sarma )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- I Miss You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dance of the Marionette, Raymond A. Foss
- I Miss You 3, Michael P. McParland
- windmill hill, lee fones
- I Miss You 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Daughter at 14, Christmas Dance, 1981, Maria Mazziotti Gillan
- I Miss You, Michael P. McParland
- Life at peril, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Greeting, Clive Blake
- Duality!, SALINI NAIR