From where you came, God knows,
For what descended, no one knows.
Before six twenty, unknown to us,
Aftermath, though not seen in presence.
Heard the ghastly consequences,
Indescribable, still dared to jot down.
In a flash, came you like lightening,
With your chance escorts the quake king,
With uncle and sol’s combination.
Cross embraced hut and mansion.
Engulfed all merciless like a demon,
Count goes on with every second,
God knows the ghastly end.
Dare I ask you, oh, all devouring demon?
From when, you became a man-eater?
From when, you became a widow-maker?
From when, you became a maker of orphan?
No dog barking, neither cattle roaming,
Heaps of corpses stinking,
Vultures and dogs reveling,
No quarrel, no snatching.
Stinking smoke filling the environ
From the mass cremation around.
No one to solace and sooth
No one knows who is consigned to wood.
Only wailing million, no one to solace
Oh! Almighty, is it your protection?
Lord, how about bringing another Tsunami?
With solace and shelter for all
To all dejected face, soothing smile
Light to everyone’s dark path
How about dropping another bomb,
To block Tsunami’s anger,
Greeting Tsunami’s peace-loving brothers?
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tsunami by Sudam Panigrahi )
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Temptation, Misty Wills
- Lust, Tania Montgomery
- I catch in there plummet:, Mark Heathcote
- Old Man with Baggy Specs, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Gamesome Boy, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Beauty In The Seeing, Richard Provencher
- ADDRESS TO AN ONION, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Hitler the Hypocrite, Paul Hartal
- Custodian Of Flavours, Richard Provencher
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)