It's Tuesday. it's Tuesday,
By Gosh, by Gee, it's Tuesday.
Will this be my Goodnewsday
Or just another Bluesday?
What do the stars say?
Could this be my lucky day?
Or just another usual one
A regular day without much fun?
Just loafing here beneath the sun
Or maybe walking in the rain
Trying to relieve my pain
And fend off going more insane
‘Cause Wednesday's child is full of woe
I wish that fact just wasn't so.
I shan't believe that old wives' tale
To do so means that I will fail
To make it to another morn
A Thursday that I must aborn.
‘Cause that day's child has far to go
And could be my last picture show.
Friday will pass and the rest of the week
Those are not the days I seek
I must mush on, pick up the pace
And again reach Tuesday and be full of grace..
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tuesday's Child by George Hunter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam