Lawrence S. Pertillar
Turning Away From The Benefits
A conceit that serves a self-centeredness,
Usually runs into a brick wall that stalls...
Than one suspected of having an ego,
By those who benefit with more to get...
But for what ever the reason,
Keep their suspicions amongst themselves...
To be mentioned while dismissing the benefits.
'I wish less ego was shown in their deeds.'
~I don't witness you turning away from the benefits.
And 'if' they were conceited with a self-centeredness,
Guess who would be kept away from the benefits?
Without anyone to witness,
Who decides to turn their backs away.
Those benefits to them would not be known.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Turning Away From The Benefits by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira