TV channels are going mad in their hunt for happy
Christmas tales, they have visited bald children
in cancer wards, giving away presents, which seem
to me to please the giver more than the receiver.
Interviews with parents whose children soon will be
dead, they try not to cry – for the children´s sake-
and there is jollity wrappers hiding unbearable
anguish. Today the dark side of the moon is not visible
it will be tomorrow though, but then our compassion
is exhausted by too much reality.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TV. Christmas by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier