H L Pham
'Twas the night before Christmas - A Parody
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' Luigi's,
Not a drink was stirring, not even martinis;
The glasses were hung by the bar with care,
In hopes that patrons soon would be there;
The bartenders were hoping to be home in their beds,
With visions of Slivovitz plum brandy danc'd in their heads,
And Mama in her tight dress, and Luigi in his fancy sports cap,
Had just settled their brains for a nice Marillenschnaps-
When outside on the pavement there arose such a clatter
Luigi sprang from the bar stool to see what was the matter.
Away to the glass window he flew like a flash,
Tore across the carpeted floor, he fell and almost into the window crashed!
The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow,
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below;
When, what to his wondering eyes should appear,
But a parked GT3 Bentley, and eight babes in tiny skirts of cashmere,
With a little old geezer, so lively and quick,
Luigi knew in a moment it might be retired race car driver, White Knight Dick.
More rapid than eagles his girls they came,
And he whispered, then shouted, and call'd them by name:
'Now! Cytherea, now! Katsuni, now! Gauge, and Cassidey,
'On! Shakeela, on! August, on! Honoka and Charlotte Stokely;
'To the counter! To the counter!
'Now pour away! Pour away! Barkeeps, pour away the best Herbero to all! '
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Twas the night before Christmas - A Parody by H L Pham )
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
- Heartbreak Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Too Many Women, David Lewis Paget
- RESULT: THE LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)