You left my heart pouring with sadness when you said:
You liked her…
All this time I thought you were feeling me but instead
I was lying to myself; I didn’t see the signs clearly,
Guess I was caught up in this idea of you and I
I looked at you daily,
Sometimes lustfully, when you roamed around me and led me on.
See … The minute you spoke about her
I felt a pain in my chest as I held back my tears.
I have to thank you,
Though you wasted my time, My feelings for you never really made it! ! !
You built a bridge between us so I could only get that far…
So far I thought I was so close yet I wasn’t …
I’m hurt, I’ll admit
But I am glad I’m strong enough to congratulate you two.
Zandi Wardle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Twisted by Zandi Wardle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine