Lawrence S. Pertillar
Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed
One deceived and betrayed on a daily basis,
Is not likely to forget...
Those who participated in the doing of it.
Since a dawning that comes,
Eventually has its way of delivering experiences.
And the one enlightened ultimately benefits.
Although grateful is that one,
To know those exposed with their deceptions done...
Need not to live a life,
Suspecting who is or is not being forthright...
As those once trusted should not only be forgiven,
But forgotten as well.
'You are not bitter or angry? '
~I use to be 'seething' with anger.
But my creditors helped me,
Put my life in perspective.
With my need to emphasize my priorities.~
'How has that been working out? '
~There is nothing like being mentally enriched,
By those who are willing to keep my lights and gas on.
Or my cable from not being turned off,
If I with them can agree when I can make my payments.~
'So you are saying...
The reality of your life is much more important? '
~Two thumbs up and no head bowed.
Reality to face everyday is an eye opener.
When lessons are taught to learn,
They just don't get up and go away.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Own Experience Overwhelms Us, Shalom Freedman
- The Milkmen As The Leaders From Bihar, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Karma, Nivedita Patnaik
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR