Lawrence S. Pertillar
Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed
One deceived and betrayed on a daily basis,
Is not likely to forget...
Those who participated in the doing of it.
Since a dawning that comes,
Eventually has its way of delivering experiences.
And the one enlightened ultimately benefits.
Although grateful is that one,
To know those exposed with their deceptions done...
Need not to live a life,
Suspecting who is or is not being forthright...
As those once trusted should not only be forgiven,
But forgotten as well.
'You are not bitter or angry? '
~I use to be 'seething' with anger.
But my creditors helped me,
Put my life in perspective.
With my need to emphasize my priorities.~
'How has that been working out? '
~There is nothing like being mentally enriched,
By those who are willing to keep my lights and gas on.
Or my cable from not being turned off,
If I with them can agree when I can make my payments.~
'So you are saying...
The reality of your life is much more important? '
~Two thumbs up and no head bowed.
Reality to face everyday is an eye opener.
When lessons are taught to learn,
They just don't get up and go away.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns