Tyranny of Time
Every minute of the day
I am dying
And so is
Everybody and everything else
Creates ripples in its confluence with consciousness
Can I just forget death for a moment
and free myself from the tyranny of time?
Can I just slow down and say
Hey, it doesn’t matter because
No matter what you do
The end is always the same?
Can I just take time outside of time to feel
The inhalation and exhalation of my life breath
without any strings attached?
Can I just feel the power of the life force
in its purest form, uncorrupted of its pressures?
Can I just sit down and ignore the clock
and allow my consciousness to expand to
take in life’s holistic meaning?
If I can do all this
And remain unmoved
I shall be free
leonard daranjo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tyranny of Time by leonard daranjo )
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)