In my mind I still walk the walks we used to walk
and remember when we didn't need to talk.
Hand in hand we were connected there and then,
our thoughts flowed forward and back again.
We would stop to kiss and hold each other close,
and think about the times we enjoyed most.
Without doubt we agreed the time we spent making love
went far beyond what we had ever dreamed of.
Forever turquoise blue skies with fluffy white clouds
reflected in our minds and shouted out loud.
To be blessed with a love so passionate and extreme
lifted us so much further than we had ever been.
Colours were so much more vivid and in our face,
there was nothing to change, nothing to replace.
The greenest of grasses that we made love upon
within the ripples of the river, are now sadly gone.
We were drunk with love in those unforgettable days
and only death can take those memories away.
No matter the time of day, the month, or season,
you come to mind without a cause or reason,
Orlando Belo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unforgettable by Orlando Belo )
- Dilemma, Gillian Commerford
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Square, Frank Avon
- Shelling Peas on Boulders Beach [for my .., Gillian Commerford
- हार्थखिया मिनिदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- just orientation..many can be straighten.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Demented Souls (A re-submission), Valsa George
- King One - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)