In my mind I still walk the walks we used to walk
and remember when we didn't need to talk.
Hand in hand we were connected there and then,
our thoughts flowed forward and back again.
We would stop to kiss and hold each other close,
and think about the times we enjoyed most.
Without doubt we agreed the time we spent making love
went far beyond what we had ever dreamed of.
Forever turquoise blue skies with fluffy white clouds
reflected in our minds and shouted out loud.
To be blessed with a love so passionate and extreme
lifted us so much further than we had ever been.
Colours were so much more vivid and in our face,
there was nothing to change, nothing to replace.
The greenest of grasses that we made love upon
within the ripples of the river, are now sadly gone.
We were drunk with love in those unforgettable days
and only death can take those memories away.
No matter the time of day, the month, or season,
you come to mind without a cause or reason,
Orlando Belo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unforgettable by Orlando Belo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian