A futile perception of past perfection
A rampant resolve for resurrection.
The will of its nature consumed by yearning.
A terrible foe, a raged heart burning.
Apathy adorns the edges of its unsheathed sword.
Mercilessly slashing all screams ignored.
An imagined look the devils hook impressions never fading.
Her brilliance of mind make my heart unkind.
Undiminished and unfinished loves poison courses.
Its presence inspires its friction mind fires.
Flashbacks of binding brilliance.
Remembered laughter and love fortifies resilience.
The life yet lived, wasted wanton.
A mind entrapped, the bindings strapped.
Where's the corner for the turning.
To resolve the loss the heart must cross
The river it bleeds from yearning.
Wade Harlaine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unrequited Love. by Wade Harlaine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- आना जाना ऐसा समा, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- The Dark of Night, Marissa Wheeler
- a tortured yellow smile, Mandolyn ...
- जाने तु और जानू मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Kofi Awoonor, Richard Blay
- तु ही खयाल कर, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- गीतकार हूँ मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पण, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- 'Invictus' Invalid, Frank Avon
- धुन सवार ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar