Until our Last Drop
Drip by drop, it flowed and flowed.
I love dancing in the afterglow.
It's a dark night, with mist kissed roads,
But there's no place I'd rather go.
I dance in the dark, I do what most don't,
I enjoy the things that most people won't.
I understand that beautiful things come out of the dark.
I don't find peace in the rain's trickle, just the thunder from its spark.
Without the lightening, we could hardly see the rain.
Usually there is beauty where there is pain.
Together, all color ends up black.
Drip by drop,
We all fall flat.
Just because some if us find peace in the flash,
Doesn't mean that all us little raindrops, won't end up scurrying down the same path.
The point to the story is we're all gonna die.
Why not try to understand each other, before we finish this great goodbye.
courtney metcalf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Until our Last Drop by courtney metcalf )
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
- Friend-Zoned, Foster Teegarden
- My chidhood poem collection -1, soulful heart
- Switch Your Words, inas essa
- All opposites are ours, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Change of Thought, Scott J. Shepard
- Will They Never Know The Looking Glass W.., mary douglas
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)