Until our Last Drop
Drip by drop, it flowed and flowed.
I love dancing in the afterglow.
It's a dark night, with mist kissed roads,
But there's no place I'd rather go.
I dance in the dark, I do what most don't,
I enjoy the things that most people won't.
I understand that beautiful things come out of the dark.
I don't find peace in the rain's trickle, just the thunder from its spark.
Without the lightening, we could hardly see the rain.
Usually there is beauty where there is pain.
Together, all color ends up black.
Drip by drop,
We all fall flat.
Just because some if us find peace in the flash,
Doesn't mean that all us little raindrops, won't end up scurrying down the same path.
The point to the story is we're all gonna die.
Why not try to understand each other, before we finish this great goodbye.
courtney metcalf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Until our Last Drop by courtney metcalf )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Applause, Alicia C. Cooper
- August 1427: Abundance, Cole Swensen
- What the Ventriloquists Said, Cole Swensen
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO