Until our Last Drop
Drip by drop, it flowed and flowed.
I love dancing in the afterglow.
It's a dark night, with mist kissed roads,
But there's no place I'd rather go.
I dance in the dark, I do what most don't,
I enjoy the things that most people won't.
I understand that beautiful things come out of the dark.
I don't find peace in the rain's trickle, just the thunder from its spark.
Without the lightening, we could hardly see the rain.
Usually there is beauty where there is pain.
Together, all color ends up black.
Drip by drop,
We all fall flat.
Just because some if us find peace in the flash,
Doesn't mean that all us little raindrops, won't end up scurrying down the same path.
The point to the story is we're all gonna die.
Why not try to understand each other, before we finish this great goodbye.
courtney metcalf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Until our Last Drop by courtney metcalf )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- People Think They Can Be Saved, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Work, Vera Sidhwa
- Volkstrauertag, Wolfgang Steinmann
- My Love Story, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Immensely Tantalized, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The World's Artistic Wheel, Sandra Feldman
- like being kissed in the middle of a ret.., Mandolyn ...
- Clink, Clink, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Curtains Of Near-Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtains Of Near - Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak