Up To Date...
I will not be going to heaven when I die because there’s no such place,
And I can’t go to hell because the same applies and no disgrace,
We are no more than animals and when we’re dead, we’re dead,
This of course is religious heresy so it is very seldom said.
You could go to hell for even saying this stuff the preacher said,
That is, if you believe in hell and everything the preacher read,
And where did all those pedophile priests and bishops go?
They seem to have disappeared completely and no one seems to know.
Someone must know where they are - they couldn’t disappear,
Seems to me that this pedophile phenomenon is mighty queer,
Two and two does not make four in those shiny vestments bright,
Because every last one of them are convinced that they are right.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Up To Date... by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Call a day, hasmukh amathalal
- Feeling Free Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ELAINE'S CONFUSION, Terry Collett
- *X*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Lullaby, Richard D. Remler
- The final sentence, s yadu krishnan
- Rhythm's Of Propensity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PREDATORS 10 WORDS, Beryl Dov
- The two laughs of a toddler, Kaki Venugopala Rao
- *IX*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron