Lawrence S. Pertillar
Used To Your Advantage
The biggest difference between you and me,
Is your ability to campaign as the one victimized.
With a doing done to put emphasis on your innocence.
And with this unknown to others about your druthers,
Do not think it for another single moment...
Or give it wonder to sit on your mind,
That I might give you the benefit of my undivided time...
To do and with it given unlimited.
Since I have come to this conclusion:
When I decide my time to give again,
Is done with a doing that becomes undivided...
It will not be soon you will get that attention.
Since sharing to do as if all my time belongs to you,
Had been a foolish thing for you to think.
When to you that which had been given,
Was done and was used to your advantage.
While you claimed to others,
How it was you accomodated me!
I am neither a liar who is a thief not do I deceive,
With a doing you do so well with rehearsed innocence.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Used To Your Advantage by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Few Pieces Of Paper, Kyle Schlicher
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...