Fear not the guns
all must come to dust
nor the strange sounds of war
nor the wailing stomach behind doors.
Fear not the sky
though she harbors strange lights;
Fear not the seas
though her waves pierce in deep.
Our lives become naught
under the glaring eyes of the dust;
Fear not the Giants
who conquer and the divide.
Fear not misery
Fear not gloom;
The Earth history
our lives obey no rule.
Pride and hate must surely tango
that is all our mortal soul can be thankful;
Fear not the stormy nights
though her eyes be fiery outcast;
Fear not the morning dews
though she sprinkles strange news.
Our mortal soul must surely conform
to the fiery note of the dust;
Our eternity definitely certain
all fear must belong to the heathen.
Fear not the spills of blood
a sacred thought she wore;
Fear not Divine creeds
our lives ever greater than his.
Fear not the Trees
they stand tall to our every need;
Fear not the star
soothsayers shall never decipher.
Our lives an earthly price
our souls the Divine's pride;
Standeth we as gods
fear not earth's laws.
Fear not the moon
her eyes forever lay gloom
her light not hers
fear not her sounds.
Fear not the sun
though she radiates strange songs;
Fear not her heat
our lives great in defeat.
Lift away all insane thoughts
fear not the dust.
she harbors strange fields
where our lives will be laid in her keep.
Fear not poverty
it is all we have to keep;
Supplications must forever abound
our lives never in disguise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vain Fright by udoh etido )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland