Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
I used to play a magic trick...
one that allows me to disappear in front of people...
It used to be an enjoyable treat...
one that amused myself in immensity...
but alas it couldn't last...
and the amusement faded too fast...
Now 'tis life that plays its cruel tricks...
tons that make me weak and bruised and beat...
It used to be that I enjoyed a tricky treat...
now I wish my vanishing was one true feat...
Matthew Edan Oliver Palma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vanishing by Matthew Edan Oliver Palma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beware of the Crocodile, Paul Sebastian
- Spooners Bar, Graham Fowell
- Between Two Nights, Tudor Arghezi
- Something greater, Gert Strydom
- Inscription On A Glass, Tudor Arghezi
- A Visit, Tom Sleigh
- Ship of Glass, Graham Fowell
- Autumn Breeze, Tudor Arghezi
- Perhaps It's Time, Tudor Arghezi
- Shine On, Graham Fowell