Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
I used to play a magic trick...
one that allows me to disappear in front of people...
It used to be an enjoyable treat...
one that amused myself in immensity...
but alas it couldn't last...
and the amusement faded too fast...
Now 'tis life that plays its cruel tricks...
tons that make me weak and bruised and beat...
It used to be that I enjoyed a tricky treat...
now I wish my vanishing was one true feat...
Matthew Edan Oliver Palma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Vanishing by Matthew Edan Oliver Palma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak