Ho Xuan Huong
Viewing Cac-Co Cavern
Heaven and earth brought forth this rocky mass
its face cut by a deep crevasse
crack's dark mouth shagged with moss
pines rocking in wind rush.
Here sweet water spatters down
and the path into the cleft is dark.
Praise whoever sculpted stone
then left it bare for all to see.
Here is another translation of the same poem:
Yin and Yang created this chunk of rock;
A deep and dark crack split it into two blocks.
Moss covered openings expose themselves with impudence
Wind enhanced firs produce sound of rhythmic cadence.
Drops of romantic water fall with splash
Roads to nowhere lead in dark labyrinth.
Praise to the scuptor inventing this distortion
Indecent exposure invites lots of observation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Viewing Cac-Co Cavern by Ho Xuan Huong )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All and all, gajanan mishra
- War is already going on- -, Aftab Alam
- She Took Them Away, Kelley Collins
- Bis repetita non placent, Marcel Aouizerate
- Red Revolution, Aftab Alam
- La guerre jusqu'au cessez-le-feu, Marcel Aouizerate
- Regions, Marcel Aouizerate
- Pyaar kaa ye jahaan, nafraton me kho diye,, Aftab Alam
- Les tragédies les plus courtes sont les .., Marcel Aouizerate
- A Body Untraveled, David R.