Yes I know I am alone
Shrouded inside of my darkness
The world: so cruel
How can I stay?
All the world soon shall pay
Humanity is ripe for judgement
But I cannot judge; it is not my way
Therefore I must wait for doom
Inside myself in solitude
Can there be another way?
We call ourselves 'advanced'
We act as Lords of all Creation
Set by God
On his throne
I do not think that this is so
Every horror we commit
Is even worse than all the rest
We use our higher minds in order
To heighten our atrocities
I am becoming ashamed of my own existence. Is that fair?
I have lost all sense of direction
My mind wanders all through space
Wherever I turn
What is there that I can mourn?
I cannot blame a human being
Because I am one, and we are erred
Then I must sit back and let
The world take its destined course
Maybe one day I shall know the answer that eludes me so.
Bob McBobson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(not my view on the world or necessarily the correct view)
Comments about this poem (Voluntarily Isolated by Bob McBobson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
James Weldon Johnson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv
- A Tale of Two Handicapped Handyman, Tushar Ray
- Whispers Of Canal-Ghosts, Naveed Akram
- She Walks In Beauty, Luo Zhihai
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro