Lawrence S. Pertillar
If you are volunteering your services,
That is exactly what that means.
Your services are consciously volunteered.
IF you are volunteering with accompanied expectations...
You set yourself up for disappointment.
And those who do this are not empathized at all.
Very few are dedicated to reciprocation.
Since to do so is not an obligation.
And some folks select to enforce a connection,
Between these disconnections.
Volunteering+Reciprocation=(no t) Obligation.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Volunteering+Reciprocation=(not) Obligation by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Roald Dahl
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)