Waiting For Joy
We tell ourselves that it will come.
It will descend upon us
While we are busy
Or simply laying about,
Bestowed like a crown,
A reward for patience.
Or, we seek it in others,
To suck out,
Like juice from a peach,
Dependent on the energy
Or whim of the loved.
In truth, we make our own.
We find it in ourselves,
In our nature and in our actions.
Focus on where you
For joy lies near by.
Charles Darnell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Waiting For Joy by Charles Darnell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones
- My Love, My God, Lilly Emery