Walking Away Strong
Even when the world whispers 'You can't reach the top.'
Hope screams into your ear never stop.
People will always say you can't do this or you can't do that,
just flip them off and hit them with your wooden bat.
Your purpose in life is to prove that they are all wrong,
that they are weak and you are strong.
Don't give them the satisfaction of you falling pick yourself up,
don't let them step on you like a paper cup.
You have nothing else to lose,
stop taking all this abuse and stop covering up your bruise.
Dust yourself off and stand to meet there glanced,
just be there first to advanced.
Fight for what you want in this life,
and don't let them stab you in the back with a knife.
There words are meaningless to hear,
so make a war cry loud enough for them to cover there ears.
Hurt them with your words of victory,
and walk away strong with valedictory.
Maverick Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Walking Away Strong by Maverick Jones )
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
- One Day I Dreamed, Clive Blake
- Dewdrops in the moonlight, Trong Phan
Poem of the Day
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Enjoyable@@ Roma vs Bayern Munich live s.., Shohag Kaysar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- miami dupli
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)