War and Peace
Nefarious war, killing of innocents
Bloodied, injured and dead children
Screaming mothers, widows, in agony
Beat their breast, wishing to die in this infamy
Missile-blasted homes wrecked, climax despair
Horrific smashed-down structures stare
At barbaric primordial man glorifying war
Hasn't man through ages learnt at all?
Thousands lost lives, yet thirst for more!
What is there to gain at the end of it all?
What price to pay for territorial security?
Why this display of power superiority?
Does God ask for blood sacrifice at the altar of war?
Could cleansing of any kind be correcting God's flaw?
God's Command: ‘Thou shall not kill, ' is fatally flawed!
Crimes against humanity!
Man's insane vanity!
Can man go to war for sake of peace?
Can man's greed for power be appeased?
Man crawling back into ancient mentality!
Appalling international community's passivity!
Nations against nations, floods, natural disasters,
Famine, diseases, man playing god and masters!
Are all these signs of the Times?
Would man who can hear, hear, when He comes?
Pray God Almighty, God of Mercy and Peace
To intervene, and restore earth's peace!
Topic of this poem: war and peace
Paul Sebastian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (War and Peace by Paul Sebastian )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cucumber, Phil Soar
- wings unused, cheynne dries
- Chocolate Finger, Phil Soar
- I write and you Read, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Cannot, Phil Soar
- Somewhere In Your Heart, Valentine Mbagu
- Girls, the choice is yours.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mother, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Nature's Nightlife, Phil Soar
- Heaven and Earth A Sonnet, Daniel Brick