Frank Lisa IndiRa Francesca Roger Platt Cornish Martin
! ! ! ! ! Wardhan-I 'Mist of Lavender'
Do you burn incense? ?
Do you like the willowy tendrils of aroma
caressing your lithe body..
today when I smelt lavender
I thought of you and
of the possibility of smuggling the fragrance
into your realm through the many treacheries of time …
I couldn’t find any courier, carrier or courtier…
so it remains …atremble..
a captive in its glass mausoleum..
so there will be irate oracles
on tangent as their haughty nostrils
were not flooded with the waft of supplication;
there will be burials unwept
as the ephemeral balm of ritual
went sadly amiss …..
I’m resigned to a life
Undrencehed in the lavender
Of your love
till a new uprising,
till a new intrigue or
till a courtier carrier or a courier..
lighter than breath
is born …
Wardha and Rehan's project of joining pens/tabs
Frank Lisa IndiRa Francesca Roger Platt Cornish Martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ! ! ! ! Wardhan-I 'Mist of Lavender' by Frank Lisa IndiRa Francesca Roger Platt Cornish Martin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer
- Is this what We asked for?, Somanathan Iyer