Was Once A Girl
There was once a girl
A girl with the sweetest of smiles
A girl with a crown of pitch black ringlets
She woke everyday only to be torn down
Her days were filled with tears until dreams came again.
A girl with the most beautiful of dreams.
A girl with the purest of all hopes.
She told everyone of said dreams
Her words forever managed to fall on the deafest of ears.
A girl with a fading smile she began to become
A girl with songs of despairs and tunes of melancholy.
She started to wither, she started to die.
Her hopelessness went unnoticed, her fading light unseen.
A girl with not much left to her.
A girl, or a shell of the girl she once was is left
She died the way she lived with tears awaiting dreams
Her life never really lived at all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Was Once A Girl by Tanya Sanes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- tics, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Throwback Stances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elephant - best creature, gajanan mishra
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam