Watch Us, Watch Me
Watch us praise our mother earth
Watch us dance to the skies
Watch us gain more strength to go on.
Watch us dance to the heavens
Watch us be thankful for what we are today
Watch us be thankful for what we have around us.
Watch us show you our heritage
Watch us show you our strong courage
Watch us show you what we have grown to understand.
Watch us and let us show you that we are powerful in our own way
Watch us and let us show you that we are never weak
Watch us and let us show you that we have been here before.
Watch us show you our beliefs
Watch us show you our faith in each of us
Watch us show you what we are.
Watch us dance like there is no tomorrow
Watch us through our eyes of what our ancestors have taught us
Watch us give each other strength to go on.
Watch me prove to you that I am strong
Watch me prove to you that nothing will make me weak
Watch me prove to you that my people will get stronger.
Watch us sweat for our fathers before us
Watch us give thanks for what we had
Watch us be proud of what is apart us our souls.
Watch us be proud of the people we are
Watch us be thankful of the food
Watch us be thankful of the animals.
Let me show you what I am
Let me show you my colors of what I see
Let me show you my faith that I will always have.
Let me show you how proud I am to be Native American
Let me show you how strong I am inside
Let me show you what I don’t hide.
Kimberly Santistevan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Watch Us, Watch Me by Kimberly Santistevan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...