Emmanuel George Cefai
Was my task today
In the red dusk
On the terrace
In the chill of
Under frown of the heavens.
I watched the bats
But they shrieked and
They screamed terribly
Do you not
Respect a Poet-Seer who wills
To view and to think
But right through his brain
In shock and in speeds
That light has
That light breeds
And split the orgasm of thought
In to two
A duality that needed a single
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Watching bats by Emmanuel George Cefai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Blackberry Pickers, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Lost Voice, akshaya shah
- The Soul And The Spirit Of The Race, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- my pair of pretty is all grown up, Mandolyn ...
- A Short Poem, Toshie Nohara
- The Lane, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The gift, John F. McCullagh
- Metamorphosis, Patricia Grantham
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak