Water And Fire
Such a disaster once had happened.
Water and fire had fallen in love
Master to hug the fire was maddened,
Was so much afraid to hug his love.
Strong arms of fire enchanted, gleamed,
All around him has brightened.
Pull over to her love water dreamed
But the flames of fire frightened.
Prideful and beautiful was the fire
With each coming day his love blazed
To hug water was his greatest desire
But …to do it he was so much afraid.
The same often happens in life.
They love, but are afraid to show.
With the real feelings they strive,
Different ways they forever go.
Can’t live together water and fire.
One another they only admire.
©Larisa Rzhepishevska (Odessa, Ukraine)
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Water And Fire by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown