James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
WE ARE REMOTE... MAY 10TH,2013
Why can’t we have binding referendums like the Swiss?
We’re caught in a no death-with-dignity political abyss,
With Trudeau’s Charter and rights for every terrorist about
While you and I and the other Canadians have no clout.
They told Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s disease where she should go,
Appointed Supreme Court Judges all aglow while we kowtow,
We have elections every five years but only half of us vote,
We have no recall or binding referendums so we’re considered remote.
There’s not much we can do to get their political attention,
While without death-with-dignity we wait without pretention,
We can’t even find a political leader who will listen,
Are things the same or have they improved over in Britain?
But at least you can read this blog on the Internet for now,
While the Ottawa appointed aristocrats still allow,
They have never mentioned assisted suicide in high places,
Something’s very wrong and they can’t see it in our faces.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem