WE HAVE TO WAIT TO DIE FEB 18TH,2011
There should be a place in each hospital where people go to die,
Go in alive, come out dead but before you do that; wave good bye,
We have to convince our politicians that this is what we need,
Would binding referendums get them to pay attention or heed?
From the hospital to the funeral home, have it all arranged,
Like the abortion clinics, after a while it’s not so strange,
We can’t trust politicians or Supreme Court so what other way?
We need binding referendums on a fine summers day.
Our politicians like Middle East dictators, want to stay for life,
They don’t want set-date elections and very little strife,
And no binding referendums to upset their peace of mind,
Canadians have to be patient and completely resigned.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WE HAVE TO WAIT TO DIE FEB 18TH,2011 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker