James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
We're Very Busy At The Moment... Dec 10th,2013
'Your call is important to us, so please hold the line,
Because up here in Ottawa we feel we’re on top and very divine,
And you are probably one of those who didn’t bother to vote,
That’s fine with us but I still think we’ll have to put you on remote.
We’re going to appoint some Supreme Court judges early next week,
And more senators after that which you never can critique,
Then of course, we’ll appoint some members of the parole board,
They are all excellent establishment members and now they’ve scored.
Propositions and binding referendums, as you know, are banned,
No recall or influence on politicians with slight of hand,
Proportional representation is out for first past the post,
We’re so busy at the moment that we’re totally engrossed.”
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.