Web of Life
Every night when we rest our eyes, our lives we do entrust,
For while we sleep our heavenly sleep, the angels sprinkle dust.
The angels sit and weave our lives, into an encircled web of transition,
With a little help from orphaned elves, they continue on their mission.
Our lives change with every turn and at night the turns are recorded,
For all we do, effects all the world and all our moves are sorted.
So, know that when you decide to be good, rather than be bad,
That in the world, in some other place, a new piece of a web is added.
The web of life is not for one, it is the web of our existence,
There are many paths through the web, but no line of least resistance.
The life we live is not on line, nor do we have a set path we ride on.
The web shows the intriguing pattern of choices we have spun.
The Angels of the Web of Life spin journeys we have been on,
They set the path for future plights, and on which road we will run.
Do not despair, for they are guiding us, and weaving our rightful way.
And each morning when you wake up, you are looking at a brand new day.
REB (JUNE 2012) , yes, an Angel is lighting our way and spinning our web.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Web of Life by Rik Bertrand )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear
- À TOI, Rosie Bourget