Web of Life
Every night when we rest our eyes, our lives we do entrust,
For while we sleep our heavenly sleep, the angels sprinkle dust.
The angels sit and weave our lives, into an encircled web of transition,
With a little help from orphaned elves, they continue on their mission.
Our lives change with every turn and at night the turns are recorded,
For all we do, effects all the world and all our moves are sorted.
So, know that when you decide to be good, rather than be bad,
That in the world, in some other place, a new piece of a web is added.
The web of life is not for one, it is the web of our existence,
There are many paths through the web, but no line of least resistance.
The life we live is not on line, nor do we have a set path we ride on.
The web shows the intriguing pattern of choices we have spun.
The Angels of the Web of Life spin journeys we have been on,
They set the path for future plights, and on which road we will run.
Do not despair, for they are guiding us, and weaving our rightful way.
And each morning when you wake up, you are looking at a brand new day.
REB (JUNE 2012) , yes, an Angel is lighting our way and spinning our web.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Web of Life by Rik Bertrand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- AMONG THE PRETTY PEBBLES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- PH: Poem en Duo: What Day Brings, Brian Johnston
- 2 girls 1 poem, Mark R. Elias
- The Blind Blue., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Hot Dog Fight at the Supermarket, Kevin Rottweiler
- Haiku The Season, Heather Burns
- Haiku Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- This Is Not A Consolation Prize, mary douglas
- State Of Mind, david kush
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas