How I weigh?
Where is the weighing machine?
Since I am in body-cart
Can the weigh-bridge able to
Give the correct result?
Body-cart is not man-made
Body is one type of nectar and pure
Weighing machine and weigh-bridge
Differs in so many aspects
It is difficult to measure You
O my dear since You dwell
In all the bodies.
I learnt from my forefathers
To measure valuable articles
Through eatable rice
Like four rice is to one gunja
Five gunja is to one pana
Eight panas is to one karsa
Four karsa is to one pala
One hundred palas is to one tola
Twenty tolas is to one bhara
Three thousand grains of rice is an ounce
Eight bhara is to one hundred seventy pounds
And like this there are so many measurements
As there are so many forefathers and nations.
To speak the truth, my dear
And I can't say mine is right
Another's is wrong.
Let me say You are immeasurable
And all things all creatures
Of Your world are beyond measurable.
Excuse me, I dare not to measure and weigh
Anything anybody here
I am so poor a creature.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Weight by gajanan mishra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis