How I weigh?
Where is the weighing machine?
Since I am in body-cart
Can the weigh-bridge able to
Give the correct result?
Body-cart is not man-made
Body is one type of nectar and pure
Weighing machine and weigh-bridge
Differs in so many aspects
It is difficult to measure You
O my dear since You dwell
In all the bodies.
I learnt from my forefathers
To measure valuable articles
Through eatable rice
Like four rice is to one gunja
Five gunja is to one pana
Eight panas is to one karsa
Four karsa is to one pala
One hundred palas is to one tola
Twenty tolas is to one bhara
Three thousand grains of rice is an ounce
Eight bhara is to one hundred seventy pounds
And like this there are so many measurements
As there are so many forefathers and nations.
To speak the truth, my dear
And I can't say mine is right
Another's is wrong.
Let me say You are immeasurable
And all things all creatures
Of Your world are beyond measurable.
Excuse me, I dare not to measure and weigh
Anything anybody here
I am so poor a creature.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Weight by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney