How I weigh?
Where is the weighing machine?
Since I am in body-cart
Can the weigh-bridge able to
Give the correct result?
Body-cart is not man-made
Body is one type of nectar and pure
Weighing machine and weigh-bridge
Differs in so many aspects
It is difficult to measure You
O my dear since You dwell
In all the bodies.
I learnt from my forefathers
To measure valuable articles
Through eatable rice
Like four rice is to one gunja
Five gunja is to one pana
Eight panas is to one karsa
Four karsa is to one pala
One hundred palas is to one tola
Twenty tolas is to one bhara
Three thousand grains of rice is an ounce
Eight bhara is to one hundred seventy pounds
And like this there are so many measurements
As there are so many forefathers and nations.
To speak the truth, my dear
And I can't say mine is right
Another's is wrong.
Let me say You are immeasurable
And all things all creatures
Of Your world are beyond measurable.
Excuse me, I dare not to measure and weigh
Anything anybody here
I am so poor a creature.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Weight by gajanan mishra )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- Until You Look Through My Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- In the Span of Life, R B Seals
- Controlling The Narrative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hallucinated, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Dil Jeetney Ki Khatir (Being Inspired By.., Akhtar Jawad
- Hershey, Nero CaroZiv
- Tired 2, Michael P. McParland
- Happiness Returns, Tirupathi Chandrupatla