Welcome Back Nayembi - Lincoln Park Zoo
I am Nayembi. I am back,
Headlining at Lincoln Park Zoo.
Posing for pics - I got the knack.
That's what baby gorillas do.
My adoring public does cheer
My comeback from an injury.
Crowds, lights and cameras are here.
The center of attention - Me!
I'm showing off for Mom and Dad.
They know their little girl's on show.
And they seem happy. I'm so glad
I'm back here at home - doncha know!
I'm just the cutest little Ms.
I just can't help it. That's show biz!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Welcome Back Nayembi - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Life format, gajanan mishra
- Lonely On A Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Stone, I do admit, gajanan mishra
- O Time, Stop You, It's My Birthday! Let .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Release, Fiona Davidson
- Jacques the Last, John F. McCullagh
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
- Sinkin' boat, Aftab Alam
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)