WELCOME TO KALINGA
WELCOME TO KALINGA
Kindled with the spirit of genuine brotherhood
Of people known as the peacock of the North,
We welcome you with all pride and humility
To behold the greatness of Kalinga’s beauty.
Come one, come all to Cordillera’s rice granary
And explore its vast verdant scenic beauty
Blessed with plains and mountain’s tapestry
Best for agriculture, mines and many industry.
As we share in the aroma of our great coffee
Known to relieve boredom magically
Come and enjoy the Kalinga’s hospitality
Blooming with sweet, caring camaraderie.
With its many tourism potentials and festivity
You will enjoy the people’s cultural ingenuity
More when you go rafting in Chico river’s fury
With world class rapids liked by foreigners today.
As your Governor, I invite you all to visit and enjoy
Kalinga’s beauty, rich culture and great adventure
Along with its vast economic resources and potentials
That can help you find treasures and fulfilling ideals.
Matago tago tako amin,
FLOYDELIA R. DIASEN
Written as part of the brochure
Of the Kalinga’s Foundation Day
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WELCOME TO KALINGA by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan
- Oh, Those Days of Black 'n White Cookies.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Golden Dreams, Ron Baratono
- Change Of Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak