Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Big Eyes You Have
If I left it to others,
To have faith and belief in 'my' efforts...
I would still be in the midst,
Of listening to their negativity.
And expressed doubts.
With a making of attempts to convince me,
A road I chose to travel upon...
First needed to be cleared of debris.
Then it should be paved and tested by a decoy,
Just in case overwhelming obstacles...
Appeared unexpectedly to chase me away.
People have a way to introduce fear.
With a depiction of it to make knees quiver and shake.
Somehow their doubts and naysaying stances,
Enhanced my faith to strengthen my determination.
And with motivation and initiative to assist my focus,
A removing of 'their' fears never entered my mind.
To block my ears from whatever I heard at the time,
With my eyes open as wide as possible.
What a surprise.
What big eyes you have.'
And my feet move fast and swift.
Prepared I am too,
To have you witness this.
'Do you know who I am? '
You are distraction.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Big Eyes You Have by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Recollections, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.47, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.46, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.45, Monk E. Biz
- A Poets View Of Modern Life, Yohan Confectioner
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.43, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.42, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.41, Monk E. Biz
- Conflict, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)