Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Big Eyes You Have
If I left it to others,
To have faith and belief in 'my' efforts...
I would still be in the midst,
Of listening to their negativity.
And expressed doubts.
With a making of attempts to convince me,
A road I chose to travel upon...
First needed to be cleared of debris.
Then it should be paved and tested by a decoy,
Just in case overwhelming obstacles...
Appeared unexpectedly to chase me away.
People have a way to introduce fear.
With a depiction of it to make knees quiver and shake.
Somehow their doubts and naysaying stances,
Enhanced my faith to strengthen my determination.
And with motivation and initiative to assist my focus,
A removing of 'their' fears never entered my mind.
To block my ears from whatever I heard at the time,
With my eyes open as wide as possible.
What a surprise.
What big eyes you have.'
And my feet move fast and swift.
Prepared I am too,
To have you witness this.
'Do you know who I am? '
You are distraction.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Big Eyes You Have by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Between me and You, Rathna nagaraja
- Concepts 24, Somanathan Iyer
- Wind and storm, Somanathan Iyer
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)