Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
What Big Eyes You Have
If I left it to others,
To have faith and belief in 'my' efforts...
I would still be in the midst,
Of listening to their negativity.
And expressed doubts.
With a making of attempts to convince me,
A road I chose to travel upon...
First needed to be cleared of debris.
Then it should be paved and tested by a decoy,
Just in case overwhelming obstacles...
Appeared unexpectedly to chase me away.
People have a way to introduce fear.
With a depiction of it to make knees quiver and shake.
Somehow their doubts and naysaying stances,
Enhanced my faith to strengthen my determination.
And with motivation and initiative to assist my focus,
A removing of 'their' fears never entered my mind.
To block my ears from whatever I heard at the time,
With my eyes open as wide as possible.
What a surprise.
What big eyes you have.'
And my feet move fast and swift.
Prepared I am too,
To have you witness this.
'Do you know who I am? '
You are distraction.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.