What Cancer Can't Do
Cancer is a real menace friend, which brings on an ominous end,
A time when suffering can be rife, with an early exit from this life,
This as life takes a major change, as many things stay the same,
Bringing much anguish to a family, in ways, they have yet to see.
Though cancer affects me and you, its menace has its limits too,
Limits on the devastating effect, upon those lives it has wrecked;
Regarding the victims, I speak of; cancer cannot cripple the love,
One's love, that remains intact, despite cancer's relentless attack.
Cancer cannot shatter our hope, as through it God helps us cope,
With The Lord's sustaining grace, cancer cannot corrode our faith;
Though its ailing effects increase, cancer can't destroy our peace,
A peace, that God instills in us, through the Spirit of Christ Jesus.
Though death may be cancer's will, friendships cancer cannot kill,
Also, it cannot suppress memories, of loving friends and families,
As the ill effects continue to rage, cancer cannot silence courage,
For we know that this entire life, is truly sustained by Jesus Christ.
By this courage we don't fear it, as cancer can't conquer our spirit,
Though in a body it will take its toll, cancer cannot invade our soul,
Or lessen God's Resurrection Power, even during the darkest hour,
As a member of the Body of Christ, cancer can't steal Eternal Life.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Cancer Can't Do by Bob Gotti )
- Deep Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns