Theresa Minu Dominic
What Colour Does Love Paint In?
Red, said zara.
Red of lips that've just been kissed.
The red of unmade cheeks
Where passion and restrain wage wars unseen.
But, then I saw her lying dead,
Her love unreturned,
Her passion unperturbed.
I looked for the red on her unkissed lips.
I looked for the red from the unseen wars.
I saw the red on her forlorn form.
The blood that wet her undone hair.
Yellow, said the Sunflower -
Yellow of a sunny summer day.
I watched her as she danced in joy-
Drinking in her lover's sight,
Fluttering coyly as he smiled.
Then, i saw him leave,
His blithe yellow, now a sober hue
Of orangish smoke and steamy blue:
The masterpiece he made to bid his bye.
Her merry petals, now a heap of brown,
The Sunflower heaved a cold, cold sigh
And laid her head on her crumpled fronds -
An ode to love that wilts with time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Colour Does Love Paint In? by Theresa Minu Dominic )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira
- Suzette, Edward Kofi Louis
- Magdalene, Chromium Blues
- White Butterfly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Victim, Teedy Dawn