Theresa Minu Dominic
What Colour Does Love Paint In?
Red, said zara.
Red of lips that've just been kissed.
The red of unmade cheeks
Where passion and restrain wage wars unseen.
But, then I saw her lying dead,
Her love unreturned,
Her passion unperturbed.
I looked for the red on her unkissed lips.
I looked for the red from the unseen wars.
I saw the red on her forlorn form.
The blood that wet her undone hair.
Yellow, said the Sunflower -
Yellow of a sunny summer day.
I watched her as she danced in joy-
Drinking in her lover's sight,
Fluttering coyly as he smiled.
Then, i saw him leave,
His blithe yellow, now a sober hue
Of orangish smoke and steamy blue:
The masterpiece he made to bid his bye.
Her merry petals, now a heap of brown,
The Sunflower heaved a cold, cold sigh
And laid her head on her crumpled fronds -
An ode to love that wilts with time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Colour Does Love Paint In? by Theresa Minu Dominic )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Obituary, Tony Adah
- From the Long Sad Party, Mark Strand
- The same person, gajanan mishra
- Grey Obsequy, Michael Olajubu
- My Mother on an Evening in Late Summer, Mark Strand
- With simple offer, hasmukh amathalal
- Man and Camel, Mark Strand
- synthesis of religion., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- PARALYSED, Satish Verma
- The Everyday Enchantment of Music, Mark Strand