Theresa Minu Dominic
What Colour Does Love Paint In?
Red, said zara.
Red of lips that've just been kissed.
The red of unmade cheeks
Where passion and restrain wage wars unseen.
But, then I saw her lying dead,
Her love unreturned,
Her passion unperturbed.
I looked for the red on her unkissed lips.
I looked for the red from the unseen wars.
I saw the red on her forlorn form.
The blood that wet her undone hair.
Yellow, said the Sunflower -
Yellow of a sunny summer day.
I watched her as she danced in joy-
Drinking in her lover's sight,
Fluttering coyly as he smiled.
Then, i saw him leave,
His blithe yellow, now a sober hue
Of orangish smoke and steamy blue:
The masterpiece he made to bid his bye.
Her merry petals, now a heap of brown,
The Sunflower heaved a cold, cold sigh
And laid her head on her crumpled fronds -
An ode to love that wilts with time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Colour Does Love Paint In? by Theresa Minu Dominic )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui