What Have We Done To The Earth?
What have we done to the earth?
What have we done to the sea?
We are killing the planet of our birth,
Oh, can't you see, can't you see?
What have we done to the air?
The acid rain falling on the land,
There's pollution, pollution everywhere,
Oh, why can't you understand?
The animals and all that fly,
The forests and all upon the land
The fish and all that live in the sea,
Are we all doomed to die through man?
But when we learn to respect and love all,
Then we will know our true worth,
And the dream of peace that we all have,
Will come to our planet Earth.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Have We Done To The Earth? by Adelaide Rhead )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tune Metallic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael P. McParland
- Enough With the Socks, Babbling Brookes
- Don't Like It?, Michael P. McParland
- Domestic Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Delicately, Michael P. McParland
- DANCING COLOURS OF POWER, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Till My End, Michael P. McParland
- A Frozen Soldier, Raymond A. Foss
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael P. McParland