Ace Of Black Hearts
What If No One Comes To Help?
Poison is the enemy.
Silent are its victims.
Some call it the flesh eating scourge.
Soon enough you'll be hearing another dirge.
Oh if only there was a cure.
But not this time.
Penetrate the body.
Through the water, upon the air.
On the table.
Entering through the skins pores.
Dissolved directly in to bloodstream.
With the sharing of needles another contagion has won.
Sterilization doesn't seem to be solving it.
Victory is not upon the road paved of gold.
Scores and scores.
The stench of a dead mans fire.
The aroma that forever sicking and knot the stomach.
What is total this time?
Tell me what is the morality?
Quick and virulent.
Up with chickens and just another one of the fallen by supper time.
Superstition does not help.
Go head throw the salt over your shoulder.
It won't stop a single microbe.
Some believe it was a weapon created by the government.
To wage war in a way that completely devastate a country.
Sick in the millions and still counting.
They couldn't find the source.
They don't know who was patient x.
Completely lost in martial law and quarantine.
Gunned down for trying to break free.
A catastrophe of our making.
Nothing we can really do but hope, pray, and wait.
Claimed servants of god push upon the desperate making a mockery of a already lost soul.
Even in such times, they will those who will rise above it.
Looking after each other, that is a humans ultimate duty.
No matter the chaos filled world, if someone is not will walk upon the darkness with a guiding light and a help hand.
Then we are already doomed, we just don't know it yet.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If No One Comes To Help? by Ace Of Black Hearts )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland