What is it called mother?
Mother I understand the term;
Hear people calling and
Many women getting called!
Pleasant it is every time!
As if honey with flavor is poured into ears
I do not have a mother to call!
Women say it is an important role
In every human life of womanhood!
Where are you my mother?
Your son is ready to call you,
Thousand times a day non-stop!
Have you retired? Or
God wants mother for him/her?
Tell me please because I have never talked to you also!
Being a male I can only feel!
The absence of mother
Never I can realize
What a mother is?
Compelled by the thirst
To have a mother
I seek everywhere!
At last my mother has showed up
Not in one form
But in all the forms of women on this earth!
For it is only one house for the owner
But many for the other on rental
Thank you mom for culminating in plurality
Bless and speak to me through all!
rajagopal haran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is it called mother? by rajagopal haran )
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
- Sonnet: How Cancers Kill!, Dr John Celes
- My love xi, binod bastola
- आंहा उदै बुंजासे आदार गैया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Cutting Edge, Satish Verma
- Will never love nor marry unless, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Image of God, gajanan mishra
- Countrification, bill costley
- Not Alone At All, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)