What is Misfortune?
A goal unaccomplished,
A challenge unmet,
A dream never realized.
Misfortune is disappointment.
A mother never there,
A father never known,
A love never found.
Misfortune is heartbreak.
A child abandoned,
An animal unloved,
A family hungry.
Misfortune is despair.
A country divided,
A nation torn,
A world in pieces.
Misfortune is history.
Julianna O'Bar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Misfortune? by Julianna O'Bar )
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)