What is Misfortune?
A goal unaccomplished,
A challenge unmet,
A dream never realized.
Misfortune is disappointment.
A mother never there,
A father never known,
A love never found.
Misfortune is heartbreak.
A child abandoned,
An animal unloved,
A family hungry.
Misfortune is despair.
A country divided,
A nation torn,
A world in pieces.
Misfortune is history.
Julianna O'Bar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Misfortune? by Julianna O'Bar )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Prayer For My Daughter, William Butler Yeats
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- Affection for, hasmukh amathalal
- Not a jungle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry