What Is Poetry
Poetry, is it a depiction of what our lives should consist
of in terms of love, happiness, freedom, acceptance and
other forms of human expectations or is it what we make
our lives, the decisions we've made, the choices we explore?
The writing on the paper can be a sense of entertainment
or a mirror to a few, a reflection of oneself captured by a
stranger only to discover that it is possible to live in the same
moment, and experience similiar thoughts and emotions.
Ones actions captured and expressed through the written word.
Certainly, it can be feared and or admired. The reaction can only be
determined by the readers perception and how the words, the
flow of those words have been embraced.
A virgin has expressed to me that her most intimate moment
with her companion was when he read her a love poem by candle
light. Both revealed that each had been seduced and satisfied by just that, the written word.
A poem that defined intimacy (not just sexual intimacy) , but the intimate connection that is to many, underrated. Poetry that exposes true intimacy. Loves silence, where words of affection aren't required.
Remembering the physical embracement that is felt days later.
Having a thought or sentence completed by your significant other.
When both of your eyes meet in the still of the night or a crowded room only to say, ' I've been looking for you too.'
Poetry, a voice of someone whose intentions is more than to just tell their story or expressing their thoughts. But also allowing the audience to read each line briefly living the poets life. Forming a connection with the reader inviting them to take the poetic journey.
Poetry is indeed this.
Gero Lorna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Poetry by Gero Lorna )
- Magnificent Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Clock Is Ticking, Kyle Schlicher
- Mystery, Naveed Khalid
- Silently Tiptoeing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Man What Is He?, Joseph Skipsey
- Climbing Stairs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Thought About You, Kyle Schlicher
- المسير الطويل, مالك حداد
- To Be Inside You, Kyle Schlicher
- You, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)