Lawrence S. Pertillar
What It Has Been Allowed
See it for what it is.
Since it is what it has been allowed,
And with deceptions done,
By those fully aware...
But pretend they too are in disbelief.
It is as it exists as witnessed to observe.
And pointless it is for anyone to disagree,
That what is apparent and not in disguise...
Drop out of the sky to shock and surprise.
Nor appear overnight magically.
'I can't believe what's going on.'
When you gave your consciousness away,
With a taking of all of it gone...
That's what happens when deception is accepted.
And remaining to stay in an unconsciousness is prolonged.
'But I did not willfully participate in this.'
And if you had would there be any difference?
You still would have believed deceivers.
To be convinced the use of common sense,
Is intended and meant to prevent progress.
And none has been made at all.
Why do you point at that revolving door? '
Perhaps experiencing what it does 'consciously',
Will help assist your understanding...
The revolving of it you allow.
Whether you admit to it or not.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What It Has Been Allowed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Will Not Say 'Ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)