What It Was That I Was Looking For?
There had been a delay, a great delay,
Everything skipped me everyday, everyday,
I wouldn't mind any pain,
I wouldn't mind slipping any gain,
For something that i was looking for,
In the gallant deserts of the sand,
In the scorching fire of the summer suns,
And then finally staying up all night,
I realized what it was that I was looking for,
There it was in the clear sky.
laughing, laughing at the same jokes over and over,
as if each time it heard it for the very first time-
I wish i had kept on looking up then.
Piyush Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What It Was That I Was Looking For? by Piyush Dey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola