Gwen S M Torres
What life has taught me...
For a moment life was good.
I live, I love, I laugh.
Everything is how I wanted it.
And I can see where I’m at.
In the midst of euphoria,
Something unexpected happened.
I have forgotten about myself,
And of how this chapter will end.
I learned that life is not about me,
Or how I make it,
Or how I perceive it,
Or how I understand it.
It is not about what I can possess,
What heights I can reach,
What goals I can achieve,
What promises I can keep,
It’s not even what I can give without receiving.
Or what others can give me without asking.
Life is about the change in me.
Feeling without touching.
Seeing with eyes closed.
Hearing in the silence.
Crying for what is lost.
It is breaking my walls.
Laughing with the pain.
Loving the little things.
Umbrella in the rain.
Looking back at the life I had,
Of the things that shattered and moved me.
I learned acceptance of the past.
Life is good. As good as it will ever be.
02212007 ~ Mabolo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What life has taught me... by Gwen S M Torres )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Forgotten, Donald R Wolff JR
- Art of Hug, maria sudibyo
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime