Gwen S M Torres
What life has taught me...
For a moment life was good.
I live, I love, I laugh.
Everything is how I wanted it.
And I can see where I’m at.
In the midst of euphoria,
Something unexpected happened.
I have forgotten about myself,
And of how this chapter will end.
I learned that life is not about me,
Or how I make it,
Or how I perceive it,
Or how I understand it.
It is not about what I can possess,
What heights I can reach,
What goals I can achieve,
What promises I can keep,
It’s not even what I can give without receiving.
Or what others can give me without asking.
Life is about the change in me.
Feeling without touching.
Seeing with eyes closed.
Hearing in the silence.
Crying for what is lost.
It is breaking my walls.
Laughing with the pain.
Loving the little things.
Umbrella in the rain.
Looking back at the life I had,
Of the things that shattered and moved me.
I learned acceptance of the past.
Life is good. As good as it will ever be.
02212007 ~ Mabolo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What life has taught me... by Gwen S M Torres )
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul