I ask you, 'What limitations? '
There are no limitations.
No limitations of the mind.
No limitations of the soul.
No limitations of the body.
You can do anything you set your mind to.
You can use your mind to free your soul.
You can extend the body's capabilities.
A blindman's wife told him to accept his limitations.
If he had listened to her
He would've accomplished so little instead of so much.
He trained his mind to soar beyond limitations
And set his soul free.
He learned that he was the one
Who could truly see.
Only those with self-imposed limitations
Are the ones who are truly blind.
Jeff Fleischer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Limitations? by Jeff Fleischer )
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)