Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Makes You Think You Will Like It?
How long have you been riding your motorcycle?
'Many years now.
Will you teach me how to ride it?
'Do you have the desire to learn? '
I don't know yet.
'What makes you think you will like it? '
You make it look as if I will.
'Suppose I told you it took me years to like,
What it is you see me do? '
Are you kidding?
'I wish it was a joke.
I had to learn to like it.
I wanted to.
Because I had the desire.'
I don't have that kind of time,
To learn to do what somebody else likes?
You think I can learn to ride without desire?
'Do you think I would have the patience,
To teach somebody without it? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Makes You Think You Will Like It? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer
- Praying Peace, Aftab Alam