Lawrence S. Pertillar
What Makes You Think You Will Like It?
How long have you been riding your motorcycle?
'Many years now.
Will you teach me how to ride it?
'Do you have the desire to learn? '
I don't know yet.
'What makes you think you will like it? '
You make it look as if I will.
'Suppose I told you it took me years to like,
What it is you see me do? '
Are you kidding?
'I wish it was a joke.
I had to learn to like it.
I wanted to.
Because I had the desire.'
I don't have that kind of time,
To learn to do what somebody else likes?
You think I can learn to ride without desire?
'Do you think I would have the patience,
To teach somebody without it? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Makes You Think You Will Like It? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Some I saved from the bin, GRANT FRASER
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah