Lawrence S. Pertillar
What To Them Had Been Mentioned
The doing of that which has been done to do,
With a doing to be dismissed and not approved...
But exposed and often too!
Should not later be discovered to then upset,
Those invited to review, digest, refuse or accept...
A bounty of benefits,
Revealed but they had chosen to neglect.
To then later in time conduct protests.
And much later in attitudes demanding with others,
Also equally upset...
That the doer of those doings that had been done,
Had not come to each one to explain in detail,
Those benefits they would get specifically to detect...
If they had paid more attention and not reject,
What to them had been mentioned...
Time and time again!
But no one amongst them would admit to confess,
They sought with a seeking to be impressed.
And the doer did not 'first' attempt this to address,
With a doing that would appeal to their expectations.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What To Them Had Been Mentioned by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale