What Used To Be
I was too, once deceived, but through God’s Word I believed,
Knowledge of God, I had none, but then I embraced His Son.
I was too, a sinner lost, but then I read about Calvary’s cross,
Where The Lord was crucified, and for all my sin He had died.
Though darkness was all around, by Christ Jesus I was found,
Giving me through His Light, a path to life, out from my night.
Christ sent me the Holy Spirit, to teach me Truth when I hear it,
To grow in the knowledge of Him, who saved me from my sin.
I was separated from a Holy God, upon this fallen earthly sod,
But, brought into His family, through Christ’s Cross at Calvary.
In my trespasses, I was dead, no matter what my religion said,
But, from The Son, Jesus Christ, I was given by God New Life.
In my previous life I was all alone, left on earth to simply roam,
Now my Shepherd and my guide, Christ, is always by my side.
Once I had lived with uncertainty, about the time called eternity,
Now I know through His Grace, in heaven for me awaits a place.
A place for me’s been secured, by Jesus Christ my loving Lord,
Where in His presence I shall be, and, throughout all of Eternity.
And friend God wants you to know, you can have a place to go,
To live with Him in heaven above, provided by our Savior’s love.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Used To Be by Bob Gotti )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)