What wealth I have collected
Endowed with the fringes of burned wood,
Decorated with frivolous ornaments,
See I cannot carry the weight of my arms,
The veins have hardened, see I don't breathe.
Thee may not see the blood that has dried,
But haste not through my eyes,
Do they look as they must?
Pause through the haw-thorns of the eye-lids,
Dried dust may not attract thee,
But the modesty of their stay shall seem profound.
Wait if you can, for the dusk to fall,
I shall have the nests infested with the birds.
Wait for the harvest, if you can,
You will hark back to the clothes of a begger-
Torn, arrested, heated in furnace.
Wait for the harvest and you shall see my skin.
See you cannot hang me with a trusted sinew,
Moribund cries must be forgiven of the morass.
You see I have come to a motley crew of sighs,
Where I have my hands stitched to my pockets,
Wait till the skin melts,
You shall see what wealth I have collected.
Wait till the skin melts, and
You shall see what wealth I have collected...
Naveed Saraf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What wealth I have collected by Naveed Saraf )
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)